ELE || Research Skills & In-Depth Learning
This ELE helps students learn how to locate and evaluate information, solve problems, think creatively, and communicate their findings. Examples include:
- Completing the Research Experience Program certificate
- Earning departmental Honors
- Receiving an Undergraduate Research Award (UGRA)
- Publishing research work in a peer-reviewed journal
- Presenting at a professional or academic conference, such as the Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Participating in Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Participating in at least 2 semesters of faculty-led undergraduate research
- Completing at least two research-intensive courses at the 700 level or above
- Completing a research internship
Once you have completed your Research Skills & In-Depth Learning Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: This reflection consists of three parts: For the first paragraph, please summarize concisely what you did and the activity(ies) time commitment(s). Next, describe a time when the research was challenging. How did you move past the challenge and perservere? Regardless of the result, what did it reveal to you about yourself and the discovery process? Finally, tie your experience back to your education: how has this experience shaped your learning?
Note: In order to maintain relevance and significance, your reflection should be submitted within one semester of the completion of the ELE.