Research Skills & In-Depth Learning ELE
From locating information to evaluating findings, undergraduate research includes identifying gaps in knowledge, creativity, the refinement of judgment, communication skills, organization, and persistence.
Students selecting to fulfill this Enhanced Experience might consider the following options, though students are not limited to these:
- Completing the Research Experience Program certificate
- Completing departmental honors
- Earning an Undergraduate Research Award
- Getting your work published in a peer-reviewed publication
- Giving a presentation at a professional or academic conference
- Participate in a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Enroll in a research-intensive graduate course
- Completing a research internship
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In the process of answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways in which this experience sharpened your critical thinking and persuasive writing skills.
Note: The examples above are broad and incomplete; please talk to your advisor for more information about what will count for this ELE.