Research Skills & In-Depth Learning
Enhanced Learning Experience
Develop and practice rigorous academic research to gain in-depth problem solving, creative thinking, and communication skills.Students may complete this ELE by:
- Completing the Research Experience Program certificate;
- Completing departmental Honors;
- Earning an Undergraduate Research Award(UGRA);
- Publishing your work in a peer-reviewed publication;
- Presenting at a professional or academic conference;
- Participating in a Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU);
- Enrolling in a research-intensive graduate course; or,
- Completing a research internship.
Once you have completed your Research Skills & In-Depth Learning Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience sharpened your critical thinking and persuasive writing skills.