ELE || Professional Development & Social Entrepreneurship
This ELE encourages students to prepare for their professional careers through internships, entrepreneurship, or coursework in business. Examples include:
- Completing the Certificate of Entrepreneurship
- Adding a second major/minor in business
- Completing the Certificate in Professional Selling
- Completing the Certificate in Music Enterprise
- Completing an internship or shadowing experience (at least 45 hours)
- Completing student teaching or a teaching practicum (at least 40 hours)
- Creating a start-up
Reflection Question: This reflection consists of three parts: For the first paragraph, please summarize concisely what you did and the activity(ies) time commitment(s). Next, choose a question to answer: either 1.) what new skills did you acquire as a result of this experience and how do you expect them to impact your future or 2.) In what ways did this experience confirm your assumptions about the field and your future place in it – or challenge them? And how? Finally, tie your experience back to your education: how has this experience shaped your learning?
Note: In order to maintain relevance and significance, your reflection should be submitted within one semester of the completion of the ELE.