Mission & Values of the University Honors Program
Sic itur ad astra. [Thus one goes to the stars.]
--University Honors Program's seal
The goal of the University Honors Program is to challenge students to launch extraordinary lives. We do this by providing exceptional classes, advising, and enrichment opportunities to academically talented undergraduates at the University of Kansas. From convocation to commencement, we strive to foster a transformational community of critical thinkers, a community that is diverse, highly qualified, engaged, and motivated to lead.
The University Honors Program is an inclusive community of engaged learners, working together to expand knowledge and put it into action for the common good. We strive to equip our students with the creativity, adaptability, and understanding required to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Student Focused: Students come first in everything we do.
- Inclusive: We work to build an inclusive, diverse community of students who are committed to academic excellence.
- Supportive: No student must find their way alone.
- Challenging: In the course of earning University Honors, students will be challenged and grow intellectually.
- Meaningful: Each student has a unique path toward a meaningful file--we help them identify that path.