Mission & Values of the University Honors Program
Sic itur ad astra. [This way to the stars.]
--University Honors Program's seal
The goal of the University Honors Program is to challenge students to launch extraordinary lives. We do this by providing exceptional classes, advising, and enrichment opportunities to academically talented undergraduates at the University of Kansas. From convocation to commencement, we strive to foster a transformational community of critical thinkers, a community that is diverse, highly qualified, engaged, and motivated to lead.
The University Honors Program's Guiding Values
- Student Focused: Students come first in everything we do.
- Inclusive: No student with a passion for and a commitment to learning will be turned away.
- Supportive: No student must find their way alone.
- Challenging: No student earns a KU Honors degree without being challenged and growing intellectually.
- Meaningful: Each student has a unique path toward a meaningful file--we help them identify that path.