Enhanced Learning Experience
Assume leadership responsibilities to create change in our communities and beyond. Students may complete this ELE by:
- completing the Leadership Engagement Certificate;
- completing the Leadership Studies Minor (LSM);
- participating in Student Senate;
- Serving in a leadership position in a Student Involvement & Leadership Center (SILC) approved student, campus, or community organization or in a campus unit or program (e.g., Honors Ambassadors or Honors Program Student Council);
- taking on a teaching experience;
- Serving in a leadership position in a campus unit or program (such as Honors);
- completing a leadership program (e.g., The LeaderShape Institute); or,
- Serving in a leadership position in the arts (e.g., curate an exhibit, etc.).
Once you have begun your Leadership Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Leadership Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience has prepared you to take smart risks, challenge norms, and be an innovative and responsible citizen.