ELE || Leadership
This ELE challenges students to assume leadership responsibilities, effecting change in their communities and beyond. Examples include:
- Completing the Leadership Engagement Certificate
- Completing the Leadership Studies Minor (LSM)
- Participating in an elected position in Student Senate
- Serving for a minimum of two semesters in a leadership position in a university-approved student group (Student Involvement & Leadership Center), community organization, or in a campus unit or program, such as Honors Ambassadors or Honors Community Advocates
- Serving as an Honors First Year Seminar Assistant, minimum one semester
- Serving in a leadership position in a service-focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative) for at least 2 semesters
- Completing either the SELF Program or Business Leadership Program
- Completing an approved teaching assistantship for two semesters
Once you have begun your Leadership Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: This reflection consists of three parts: For the first paragraph, please summarize concisely what you did and the activity(ies) time commitment(s). Next, tell us about a specific experience that challenged you to take a smart risk, enact positive change, or practice inclusive leadership. How did that experience change you? Finally, tie your experience back to your education: how has this experience shaped your learning?
Note: In order to maintain relevance and significance, your reflection should be submitted within one semester of the completion of the ELE.