ELE || Aesthetic Engagement
This ELE encourages students to actively participate in the arts, or to develop a critical appreciation of them. Examples include:
- Completing the Arts Engagement Certification
- Double majoring/minoring in an arts-focused program, such as music, visual arts, dance, theater, creative writing, or design
- Participating for at least two semesters in a musical ensemble, such as Marching JayHawks, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, University Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble I or II, KU Choirs, Opera Workshop (only applicable for non-Music majors)
- Participating in the performing arts, such as the Lied Center of Kansas, Spencer Museum of Art, Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, City Stage, or Starlight Theater (at least 45 hours of engagement)
- Exhibiting creative work in a juried show
- Publishing creative work
- Serving as an editor for a creative publication
Once you have completed your Aesthetic Engagement Experience, submit your ELE application through your MyKU portal here.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience enhanced your appreciation for diversity through artistic expressions.