Taylor Hanna-Peterson (she/hers) serves as a Senior Academic Advisor for the University Honors Program. Taylor is a KU alumna, who earned her degree in Applied Behavioral Sciences (ABSC) and a minor in Human Sexuality (WGSS). Taylor joined the Honors team in May 2021 after working in the College Advising & Student Services office as a Psychology/Behavioral Neuroscience/Applied Behavioral Sciences advisor and KU Student Housing as an Assistant Complex Director. Outside of work, Taylor and her husband are both proud Jayhawk fans and fur-parents to their rescue cat, Luna.
What I Do at Honors
As a Senior Academic Advisor on the Honors Advising Team, Taylor will advise students in the University Honors Program to facilitate course selection and connections to experiential learning and their home academic department/faculty, as well as participate in programming to introduce students to advising and student support resources. She will also oversee the Honors Internship course (HNRS 496) and serve as a liaison for various post-graduate opportunities.
Why I Love Working in Honors
I was fortunate to be an Honors student during my undergraduate days at KU, and getting the opportunity to work with Honors students, staff, and faculty again is incredibly rewarding and exciting! I am so honored (pun intended) to be a part of so many Jayhawk Journeys!
I Can Help With . . .
- Questions about the Honors Program, graduation requirements, Enhanced Learning Experiences (ELEs) and more!
- Choosing Honors courses/KU Core Goal courses
- Getting involved in service learning & volunteering (I’m a proud alum of Omega Phi Alpha, KU’s only service sorority!)
- Connecting students with campus/academic/community resources
- Talking about Post-KU life and aspirations/goals
- Help navigating KU systems such as Enroll & Pay, Jayhawk GPS, myKU, and the Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Discussing all things Harry Potter, Disney, Star Wars, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Parks and Rec, Schitt’s Creek, crafting, traveling, and showing anyone who would like to see pictures of my cat, Luna.