ELE || Global Citizenship
This ELE prepares students to understand, adapt to, and thrive in a culturally diverse, global environment. Examples include:
- Completing the Global Awareness Program (GAP)
- Participating in an approved Study Abroad experience
- Being selected as a Global Scholar
- Two or more semesters of a less-commonly taught language (any language other than French, German, or Spanish)
- Double majoring or minoring in any language or in an area studies program
- International students may fulfill this ELE by:
- Completing any of the above
- Completing KU Core requirements GE 4.1
Reflection Question: This reflection consists of three parts: For the first paragraph, please summarize concisely what you did and the activity(ies) time commitment(s). Next, how did this experience challenge your understanding of difference in the world – and what is the value of those differences? Finally, tie your experience back to your education: how has this experience shaped your learning?
Note: In order to maintain relevance and significance, your reflection should be submitted within one semester of the completion of the ELE.