Enhanced Learning Experience
Understand, adapt to, and thrive in a culturally diverse, global environment. Students may complete this ELE by:
- completing the Global Awareness Program (GAP);
- participating in an approved Study Abroad experience;
- taking at least two semesters of a less commonly taught language;
- double majoring/minoring in any language or in an area studies program:
- Latin American,
- Russian & Eastern European,
- Global & International; or,
- Being selected as a Global Scholar.
International students may fulfill this ELE by:
- Completing any of the above; or,
- Completing KU Core requirements GE 4.1 and GE 4.2 with Honors courses.
Once you have completed your Global Citizenship Experience, submit your ELE application through your MyKU portal here.
Global Citizenship Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience prepared you to be a globally connected citizen.