Erin McElroy serves as the Administrative Associate for the University Honors Program. She is a KU alum who earned her BFA in Theatre Design, followed by an MFA in Scenography from the University of Georgia. She has been working at KU since 2013, and joined the team in Honors in January of 2021. She also works with the Lawrence Arts Center in the Youth Theater Program as designer and instructor.
What I do at Honors:
As the Administrative Associate, I work closely with everyone in Honors. My duties include facilitating scheduling, handling incoming communications, answering questions, helping on a variety of projects, and keeping things organized.
Why I Love Working in Honors:
The reason I applied to join Honors initially was the program itself. It offers such a wide range of opportunities to students, and such a supportive atmosphere. I love the breadth of experiences and interests our students are engaged in, and the best part is getting to hear directly from them about the exciting things in their lives. Working with such enthusiastic, driven, engaged students is inspiring and gives me such joy to be able to support them and their aspirations. My co-workers have been another source of enjoyment in the Honors program. They have been nothing but kind, supportive, and friendly and I have loved getting to know them and work with them.
I Can Help With…
- General questions about the Honors Program and University resources
- Scheduling an appointment with your advisor or other Honors staff
- Scheduling a visit for incoming students with a staff member or current student
- Application process including deadlines and application status
- A place to sit and chat, a friendly ear, and advice on a variety of life’s trials and tribulations