What We Do
The primary goals of the University Honors Program are . . .
- To educate students through a broad array of challenging coursework and co-curricular experiences.
- To equitably recruit, admit, and graduate engaged learners.
- To support our students holistically so that they have a positive, meaningful experience at KU.
- To foster a diverse student community that is actively engaged in the process of growing personally, professionally, and intellectually.
University Honors fulfills these goals by . . .
- Challenging our students through rigorous classes and co-curricular programming.
- Providing personalized support and in-depth advising to each Honors student.
- Guiding future leaders, professionals, and researchers to real-world experiences that enhance their skills and knowledge, including study abroad, internships, research, and service learning.
- Fostering a diverse and intellectually rich community based in Nunemaker Center.
- Connecting qualified applicants with award and scholarship opportunities, particularly nationally competitive scholarships.
University Honors serves the University of Kansas and the State of Kansas by . . .
- Recruiting and retaining excellent students at the University of Kansas.
- Educating future leaders, professionals, and researchers and connecting them to our local and regional communities.
- Providing a collaborative space where faculty, community members, and students engage with cutting edge questions.