KU Experiential Learning Certificates
KU's Experiential Learning Certificates recognize your learning experiences both in and outside of the classroom. All certificate programs require a combination of course work, hands-on experience, and reflection.
Currently, four different certificate programs are offered:
- Arts Engagement
- Global Awareness
- Leadership Engagement Certificate
- Research Experience
- Service Learning
We strongly recommend that you explore one or two of these certificate programs during your time at KU. Certifications can benefit you personally, academically, and professionally by allowing you to . . .
- Be recognized for your out-of-class activities by an official transcript notation
- Gain experience applying classroom knowledge in other settings
- Pursue interests that might be outside of your major or that are complementary to your major
- Network with faculty, community members, and other students in different disciplines
Once you have completed all of the components for a given certificate program, you will be recognized with a certificate and the honor will be noted on your transcript.
Visit certificates.ku.edu to learn more about each program!