Public Service ELE
This ELE enables students to gain self-awareness and a sense of social responsibility through service to others. Students may complete this ELE by:
- completing the Certificate in Service Learning;
- completing a validated service experience (e.g., Alternative Breaks, Engineers Without Borders, or with the Center for Community Outreach;
- assuming a service role in a service-focused organization (e.g., Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, or Jayhawk Health Initiative);
- assuming a service role in a campus unit (e.g., becoming an Honors Peer Mentor, Honors Student Ambassador, or Seminar Assistant); or,
- contributing to a unit or organization by creating a new service-oriented program or initiative.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience prepared you to be an engaged, responsible citizen in an increasingly diverse nation.