ELE || Public Service Enhancement
Public Service Enhancement
Gain self-awareness and experience with social responsibility through service to others. Students complete this ELE with sustained public service to any philanthropic organization or service effort involving 45+ hours of volunteerism. Examples range from Alternative spring breaks, to Engineers without Borders to Jayhawk health initiative to serving as an Honors first year seminar assistant.
- Completing a validated service experience, such as Alternative Breaks, Engineers Without Borders, or with the Center for Community Outreach
- Serving in a leadership position in a service-focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative)
- Assuming a service role in a campus unit, such as becoming an Honors Peer Mentor, Honors Ambassadoror Honors First Year Seminar Assistant
- Making a significant contribution to a unit or organization by creating a new service-oriented program or a new initiative
- Completing the Service Learning Certificate
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? Please pay particular attention to the ways in which this experience prepared you to be an engaged and responsible citizen in an increasingly diverse nation working toward the ultimate goal of living a meaningful life.