Public Service ELE
Focused on the public good, Honors students will engage either practically or theoretically with what it means to partake in service or in the philanthropic world.
Students selecting to fulfill this Enhanced Experience might consider the following options, though students are not limited to these:
- Complete the Service Learning Certificate
- Complete a validated service experience, such as an Alternative Break, Engineers Without Borders, 45 documented hours with the Center for Community Outreach, etc.
- Take on a leadership position in a service focused organization (Alternative Breaks, Center for Community Outreach, Jayhawk Health Initiative, etc.)
- Take on a service role in a campus unit, such as becoming an Honors Peer Mentor or Seminar Assistant
- Make a significant contribution to a unit or organization by creating a new program, a new initiative, etc.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In the process of answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways in which this experience prepared you to be an engaged and responsible citizen in an increasingly diverse nation.
Note: The examples above are broad and incomplete; please talk to your advisor for more information about what will count for this ELE.