Global Citizenship ELE
The world is increasingly interconnected. Students engaging in global citizenship have either been abroad or have taken coursework that prepares them to thrive in a culturally diverse environment.
Students selecting to fulfill this Enhanced Experience might consider the following options, though students are not limited to these:
- Complete the Global Awareness Program (GAP) Certificate
- Double major or minor in any language, an area studies program (Latin American Studies, Russian & Eastern European Studies, etc.), or Global & International Studies
- Be elected for the Global Scholars Program
- Complete an approved Study Abroad experience
- Study a less commonly taught language Less Commonly Taught Language (any foreign language except French, German, and Spanish)
- Completing a language elective
- Completing KU Core requirements GE 4.1 and GE 4.2 with Honors courses
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In the process of answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways in which this experience prepared you to be a globally connected citizen.
Note: The examples above are broad and incomplete; please talk to your advisor for more information about what will count for this ELE.