Cultural Literacy & Social Justice
Enhanced Learning Experience
Practice engaged, responsible citizenship learning about one's own privileges and respecting the experiences of others. Students may complete this ELE by:
- double majoring/minoring in:
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
- African & African-American Studies
- Latino/Latina Studies
- Law and Society
- participating in a diversity-oriented scholars program (e.g., McNair Scholars, Emerging Scholars, Adidas Leadership Scholars Program, Multicultural Scholars Program, or the Maximizing Student Diversity (IMSD) Program);
- participating in a cultural literacy workshop such as Colors of KU; or
- becoming a cultural literacy trainer for an on-campus program such as Safe Zone or the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
Once you have completed your Cultural Literacy and Social Justice Experience, submit your ELE application through the MyKU Portal here.
Reflection Question: How has this experience enhanced your education? In answering this question, please pay particular attention to the ways that this experience forced you to evaluate your privileges and rethink the nature of your engagement in your community (e.g., locally, nationally, or globally).